Sunday, March 10, 2013

Went to see the street performance again

Today not that eventful day at least in terms of having something to write here :) I checked yesterday's street performer's home page and noticed he would be again performing at the Yoyogi park so heck today I'll see the whole show. As yesterday it was pretty funny to watch. Seems he's enjoying drawing the kids in particular as he was generally doing most complicated works on them. One little girl who didn't seem to understand Japanese all that much(looks like she might have been adopted here or something) ended up particularly charmed by the experience and ended up coming to see him again few times after getting her picture drawn.











Don't understand much about art but I was impressed by the speed he was able to do these and you could recognize the model. Must be nice memory from the day :)

Unfortunately day turned quite windy and when his performance was nearing end sky turned all brown-grey. Never seen such coloured sky before. Things were looking pretty dull and somebody mentioned "arashi"(storm) so I figured I would head for home. Except I stopped by at the go salon one more time since next week I don't expect to be able to play there often due to using the JR pass.

4 games, 4 losses. One game I got fairly close when my small scale invasion turned out into more successful than I had thought it would be wiping out most of his big area I had been cursing myself for letting him to build(then again I'm often hard pressed just to stay alive!). First time I actually got my opponent to get worried. Too bad he saw through one plan which would have given me victory but he protected the spot correctly.

Last game ended up in pretty funny way. I ask if it's over, he agrees. Another japanese walks over and asks if it's over and after we say "yes" says "there's still one good move left". We look at board, nope. Can't see. "Still don't see?" We look at the board...Nope. What the heck move he could be talking about. Then he shows. If I had cut his lines I would have put large group of stones to atari(situation I can kill them off with next move). He can prevent death by killing off group of my stones that were already dead. However next by cutting YET another place I would have put some 20 or so stones into atari HE COULDN'T ESCAPE FROM! This actually could have given me win.

And this guy just walked in and spotted it in few seconds. Impressive! I and opponent were staring quite hard KNOWING there was supposed to be strong move but couldn't find it.

I found this quite impressive.

Oh and on my way home from the park I momentarily thought I had time leaped back to '50's america as there was bunch of Japanese dressed up all in 1950 style clothing dancing on the sounds of Elvis Presley style music(hey it might have even BEEN Elvish Presley song)


No comments:

Post a Comment