Saturday, March 30, 2013

Failed meeting

Today was supposed to meet Japanese person in Yokohama. Unfortunately meeting went amiss when I failed to find the place we were supposed to meet! I knew I was in trouble when I saw sign that showed three directions showing "north-east A, north-east B, north-east C". Bloody station has more exits to north-east than station in my home town has exits all together! And unfortunately I did not know in what direction meeting place was supposed to be...

After figuring what I thought was the correct place I waited there but as I realized she's not coming I started to sprint through various gates as fast as I could but in the end had to admit defeat.

Bummer.

Rest of the day went more or less traveling shops again. Had to find earphones that have volume controller as the dvd players own volume is even smallest level bit high(high as in I can hear it from earphones 3-4 meters away...). Not suitable say for use in shinkansen train! If speaking to phones is discouraged I doubt they appreciate watching movies so that others can hear it clearly ;)

Got royally lost on the Shibya station. Didn't find west gate exit and when I managed to get out of station I had NO idea what side I was on. Ended up walking through lots of small streets until I resorted to good old "walk around whole damn station until you come across the gate you are looking for". From west gate it was easy to find where I wanted to went. Noticed I'm stressing more about the huge crowds when I'm lost. Guess it's because I want to find out where I am and where to go FAST while the huge crowds make the progress snail pace at best. Let out huge sigh of relief when I finally spotted west gate but then I could start to enjoy.

Also experienced busiest street crossing I have ever had to face. Both sides had this huge army looking swarm waiting to cross shoulder to shoulder and then lights turn green. How we managed to bypass each other I don't know!

Tomorrow's yet another meeting. Sure hope I can find there this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment